Québec's rich history set the foundations for modern Canada. French settlers first arrived to this area via the St. Lawrence Seaway, which created an accessible route for original explorers from the Atlantic Ocean. Since then, Québec has grown to become one of the most distinct and influential provinces in Canada. Home to the largest Francophone population in the country, Québecois have maintained their own identity while also providing European-type cities for all to enjoy.
- Population - Total (2010) - 7,886,108 (est.)
- Flower - Blue Flag Iris
- Tree - Yellow Birch
- Bird - Snowy Owl
- Largest city - Montreal
- Capital city - Québec City
- Professional sports teams: Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Allouettes, Montreal Impact
Things to See
- Québec City - wander around this historic UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Montreal - experience the sights and sound of the one of the country's most cosmopolitans cities
- Festivals - Bonhomme Carnaval, Montreal Jazz Festival and Just for Laughs Festival
- Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier - explore the natural wonders of this protected park.