Ontario is home to the country's capital city, Ottawa and the largest city in the country, Toronto. It's also home to one of wonders of the world - the magnificent Niagara Falls. The economy is driven by manufacturing but mining and forestry also contribute, specifically in the northern part of the province. Its capital, Toronto, is also the heart of Canada's financial district. Ontario has vibrant cities, picturesque outdoor destinations and is home to a wide range of cultures and ethnicities.
- Population - Total (2010) 13,210,667
- Official Flower - White Trillium
- Official Tree - Eastern White Pine
- Official Bird - Great Northern Loon
- Largest city - Toronto
- Capital city - Toronto
- Professional sports teams - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Blue Jays (MLB) , Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto Argonauts, (CFL) Toronto Football Club - TFC (MLS), Ottawa Senators (NHL), Hamilton Tigercats (CFL)
Things to See
- Toronto - take in the theatre, visit a museum, see the CN tower, a sports game or simply wander through the many different pockets of culture this city has to offer.
- Ottawa - visit the country's capital
- Georgian Bay - escape to beautiful lakes and stunning forests
- Niagara Falls and Niagara Region Wine Country - visit the world wonder and take in a winery tour.
- Northern Ontario - tour the cities and outdoor national parks