Northwest Territories, Canada
The Northwest Territories is Canada's largest territory and houses some of the country's largest lakes, including Great Bear Lake, Great Slave Lake and the Mackenzie River. It's rich with geological resources such as gold & diamonds, keeping its economy strong. The outdoor enthusiast is spoiled for choice when visiting. Fishing, hunting and outdoor expeditions as well as tours to view the aurora borealis bring people from all over the world.
- Population - Total (2010) 43,529 (est.)
- Official Flower - Mountain Ravens
- Official Tree - Tamarack Larch
- Official Bird - Gyrfalcon
- Largest city - Yellowknife
- Capital city - Yellowknife